Friday 1 May 2020

OAQs.....

It struck me recently that I should have some OAQs, related to Bunting and Bows.  OAQs are the same as FAQs, but asked only occasionally.

Q: What is bunting anyway?
A: The dictionary definition is 'rows of brightly colours small flags, hung across roads, or rooms, or above a stage as decoration for special occasions or political events'.  But of course bunting is much, much more than that....

Q: OK... so what's so special about it?
A: Well, where do I start?  It's fun and quirky and harks back to happier, kinder times.  Plus it cheers your soul.

Q: *sceptical eyebrow raise*

Q: How is it made?
A: Mine is completely handmade using lovely fabrics.... each piece is carefully measured and neatly cut, then painstakingly lined with a plain fabric.  Sometimes I add jewelled embellishments or appliques.  Each individual flag is then sewn onto plain or fancy cotton tape.  Et voila!

Q:  Yours is quite expensive.  Can I buy it cheaper?
A: Yes of course you can.  Off you pop.  Try Ebay, where you can easily find some cheap, shoddy, unlined, mass produced, imported bunting... but trust me... it will NOT cheer your soul.

Q: How do I hang it up?
A: There are many and various ways of hanging it.  My marvellous bunting is supplied with a small metal D-ring at each end, which you can simply slip over a hook or cable clip, or something similar.

Q: I don't like the look of the D-ring/hook combo on my wall. What can I do?
A: *long suffering sigh* OK, I can supply a matching fabric rosette with a little loop on the back, which neatly slips over the hook/cable tie to conceal both. 

Q: I requested bespoke jewelled bunting in three specific colour combinations. 10 metres of each.  Why am I having to wait 3 weeks for delivery?
A: Because making bunting properly, with love and care takes time.  Also there are minor considerations such as eating and sleeping, which dramatically cut into my working time.  I'm considering hiring some helper elves, who apparently can work all night, but I'll probably have to train them up so don't hold your breath.

Q: I asked you to make me 50 metres of plain hessian bunting for my wedding in a barn but you flat out refused!!!  WHY?
A: Where do I start with this?  Firstly, 50 metres is almost 165 feet.  Secondly, plain hessian is vile.  What on earth are you thinking?  It's dull and dung-coloured, plus it's scratchy, frays like buggery and would probably completely ruin my sewing machine not to mention my sanity.

Q: I am a freelance mortician and my hobby is creating road-kill taxidermy. I'd like some relevant themed bunting to brighten up my workspace, which is decidedly clinical.  Not mention blood-stained.  Can you help?
A: Wow.... you must be a fascinating dinner guest.  Hmmm.... leave it with me and I'll see what I can do. No promises mind.....

Q: You're just making these questions up aren't you?
A: No. 

Obviously, if you have any questions which you'd like me to add to this admittedly not definitive list, I'm all ears.  Just use the contact form on the right and fire away......


No comments:

Post a Comment